Thursday 18 April 2013

P is for Paramore

More music for P. As you might already know, I'm big into my music. I'm turning forty this year and starting to get set in my ways. I have however started to get into what I foolishly called "kiddy rock". My nephew, who is twenty now, got me into listening to some modern rock acts from the states and as a result I discovered Paramore.




Paramore are a five piece pop-punk / rock outfit from Tennessee. Although slightly troubled with line up changes and such in recent years, the stuff that they release is cracking. The lead singer Hayley Williams is quite frankly brilliant and I have made some comparisons to Blondie a couple of times. The musical style isn't the same, but the attitude is kind of the same. Some people have said that they are manufactured and maybe so, but it is good manufactured.

Williams has a fine set of pipes on her as she lays into the vocal line on this track Misery Business. Apologies for the ads. Enjoy.




Rocco's Random Number is 768 which leads you to Buttercup Counts her Blessings. Wander on over why don't you?

Rock on,

W.

4 comments:

  1. Love Paramore, not too sure about their new singles though! Haven't given the new album a listen yet, I'm hoping it's better than I expect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't listened to their new album, but I enjoy a lot of their other songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your blog, my featured blogger of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Wotcher. Comments are welcome and make Wayne happy. Please post some. Spammers on the other hand, I hunt down, kill and eat.

Five Sentence Fiction - Bubbles

Here we are again with Five Sentence Fiction from Lillie McFerrin. The word du jour is Bubbles...